Monday, April 11, 2011

My entry for 2012 AVC @ sparkfun

I am unable to make it to 2011 AVC, held at Sparkfun, USA headoffice. http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10435

AVC stands for autonomous vehicle competition. The idea is that the vehicle has to go aroud the Sparkfun headoffice, completly unaided. The vehicle that makes this route in the shortest time wins the competition.

I have started work on my entry for the year 2012

Update to 06/04/2011

I have bought a Remote control Audi R8 1:18 size. It runs of 3.6V NiCd battery, and 27Mhz RF.

To convert it to autonomous vehicle, I am going to be useing a 2AH custom lithium polymenr pack.

The motor control and brains are going to be provided by Pololu Baby Oranguatan controller http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1220

The sensor for location is goingt to be a GPS while the obsticle detection is goign to be done using either ultrasonic range finder or infrared.

Pictures to follow

2 comments:

  1. How goes the prep for 2012 AVC? Did you get on the active list? I'm on the waiting list, bummer. I'm working on AHRS for my robot now. Basically I'm leaving most of last year's entry unchanged for now, just fixing the nav problems and cleaning up the main loop code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best Indian restaurant in Aberdeen. Indian cuisine is known for its bold use of spices and herbs to infuse rich flavour in the food and elevate it to another level. But the real blast of taste and flavour comes from the love for cooking and creativity for the craft.

    ReplyDelete